Thursday, August 23, 2007

"Conan, What Is Best In Life?"

It's a good question, isn't it? What are a couple things in life I think are pretty cool? I have some opinions, as you probably guessed.

- I love that feeling I get when I find an ancient ruin, castle, or similar historic site on one of my travels. I don't know, it's some weird, primitive connection I feel. As if the ancestors are calling out - "Check out what we did! Isn't life cool?" I mean, how can you not like things like this:



- Making things with my own hands. It is bizarrely satisfying. As a fun game, I try not to buy little knick-knacks if I can make them myself. For example, here is a knife I made (made the chainmail too)




- Going old-school camping. That's right, kids, none of this "suburban-camping" stuff where you bring your little cellphones and I-pods (ugggg). If you truly distance yourself from civilization, it awakens something in you, if only for a weekend (insert cavemen banging on drums).

- Having my own land. I have 16 acres in NC, and I love the fact that I can do whatever I want with it. By the time I am done it will be one of the coolest places ever. Here is a picture, by the way. No castle built yet, standby for that.



- My Cat, "Mr. Cat!" Isn't he cuuuuuuuuute??? Say it! Saaayyyy itttt!

- Fishing. Ohhhh man, out there, all is quiet. Just me and the water, the anticipation, the fight. I especially like wading in the muck to go that extra mile. None of this "ewww, I might get dirty" stuff. Sometimes, you just have to go Captain Ahab, folks.

- Just taking off and exploring. Whether it is getting in my car and randomly driving, finding a field somewhere, checking out a flea market I happen upon, whatever. It is so much fun to see new sights and sounds - I'm always surprised at how much cool stuff there is even locally!

Okay, so there are TONS more stuff. But what about you guys?

5 comments:

Timmy Town said...

Wow you are so lucky to own your own land, I think it looks nice and peaceful, and yes your cat is super cute.

ThePeachTree said...

He's CUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE!!!!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not I can totlly hook my own slimy worm. After I make faces and look the other way. But I can do it.

Jarod said...

MM - Not bad, not bad. Here in NY most people get their lawyers to hook their worms :)

Anonymous said...

Mr. Cat is sooooo cute :-)