Monday, October 22, 2007

More Weekend Adventure

I did some more of my "take off and explore" this weekend. If you want to try something fun - do this: using the sun as a guide, get in your car and take off in a single direction. Use different roads to adjust accordingly. No maps, just go. You never know where you'll end up, or what you will find! Here are some things I happened upon this weekend:




An interesting dam for a mill, and then - suddenly - a Native American village! You never know when you will happen upon one.



An Indian longhouse. I can totally live in one of these....and I'm absolutely serious



Cool view somewhere in the middle of Connecticut. I also ended up at West Point - here are Napoleon's pistols and sword (the real thing)



General Yamashita's Sword. A WWI tank - or the first "SUV"



Remains of Fort Montgomery - a Revolutionary War Fort taken by the British. We were fighting with the British about something - probably who can hold the remote control.



Sing it with me - "sunnnset on the waaaaateerrr"

That's all, folks. Carry on.

5 comments:

Not so little Woman said...

Wow. That last picture is really pretty.

I'm going to upstate NY this week and was hoping to get some pictures, but I don't have a working camera. Aaackk!

Anonymous said...

Confession. I miss last week's pumpkins. I suppose rocks from hundreds of years ago are important, but where are the Jurassic Park recreations of last week's travels?

My caffeine has clearly not kicked in this morning.

Jen said...

wow you really just stumbled upon all thee places?!
I could not, for the life of me, live in a hut, at least not in this life time.

Jarod said...

NSLW - Should be some good leaves this weekend.
Sarah - How about Jurassic Rocks (?)
Jen - But did you notice the fancy sun-roof?

Anonymous said...

Hey sunshine, sorry I have not shown your site much love recently. I have been somewhat MIA thanks to school. But hope all is well with you