Friday, July 31, 2009

Transylvanian Archaeological Dig

Ok folks, I just did a dig in Transylvania. Our accommodations were tents, we were digging in a Dacian fort, there were Gypsies (who stole the camp's beer one day), roving sheep, bears, caves, suspicious villagers, and ancient ruins. Suffice to say I loved it. I am not paler, but I do have a craving for meat. At any rate, the awesomenessism of the place is best relayed through the wonders of photography:



(Above) Our campsite and digging in a bronze-age trench



The local village of Racos, omplete with haywagons!











Bran Castle!










Of course I went fishing!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

the pictures help one visualize where you were and what you were doing. Thanks!

Mary said...

Love the pictures! Can't wait to hear all the details!

Kate said...

Great pictures, looks like a good time!